To Forgive is Divine

To truly forgive someone that has hurt you is to erase the notions that were planted in your thoughts about yourself by the person that you are forgiving.


When someone hurts us, we internalize it and analyze it. We often think that the reason that we have been hurt/abused is due to something that we did, or that we are lacking...we think to ourselves "oh I was abused because I am not worthy of love." or "I was abused because I am ugly" and "I deserve it because I am such an awful person." None of these thoughts are correct, they are not rational at all. NO ONE DESERVES TO BE ABUSED OR HURT. 

The true reason that we were abused is due to the lack of something in the abusers personality. It is not our fault. We have been innocent victims, and there is nothing wrong with us nor do/did we deserve the treatment that we got.

To carry around with us a hatred toward another person, is like carrying around a big back pack full of heavy rocks. Hatred is like a disease that that tears us up from the inside, it's similar to cancer continually growing causing pain to the injured. The only way to get rid of this horrible burden/disease is to remove it.

To remove this burden is to forgive the individual that has wronged us. Forgiveness is a healing balm, that soothes the burden. When we are able to fully forgive someone, there is no burden to carry.

Forgiveness is not an easy process, nor is it something you can do over night. I know that I have done much struggling with myself and the Lord.

The Lord will assist you when you go to Him. He is waiting to heal you. He has already taken your burden upon him. In the Garden of Gethsemane as he bled from every pore he took upon Him every sin, every hurt, and every burden. I believe as he was there that he saw each one of us that has been hurt, that he felt every single pain we would ever have and because of this sacrifice and his willingness to take all that pain upon him we are able to become free, free from the burdens and pains---Who would be best to succor His people, than one who has suffered the pains and has known first hand what the suffering of his people has been---"He only one..."

He is waiting for you to come to Him, he will give you peace.

John 14: 27
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcomethe world.


Where Can I Turn for Peace?
1. Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace When other sources cease to make me whole? When with a wounded heart, anger or malice, I draw myself apart, searching my soul?

2. Where, when my aching grows, Where, when I languish, Where in my need to know, where can I run? Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand? He, only One.

3. He answers privately, Reaches my reaching In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love without end.

Picture
https://www.tes.com/lessons/QYdKmwCypGchKA/peace-in-our-world

Comments