Struggling

When I've noticed someone is missing from any of my class that usually is there I've called them and asked if they are ok...I am concerned about my friends. One woman in particular kept on telling me that she was going to come but every week was absent. I tried to meet her at her home, but something always was coming up so that she would cancel my visit. Deep inside I wondered if something was very wrong.


Finally the other day the woman showed up for class. I spoke with her to find out what was wrong. I found out that she was struggling with an addiction. She felt ashamed to show up to class due to the addiction and didn't want any one in her home while struggling. She felt that she needed to deal with it by herself.

If you are dealing with an addiction or if your friend is dealing with one, make sure you/they don't deal with it alone. Some times in our lives we need to ask for support/help from others, because we aren't strong enough. There are so many people who would like to help including friends, family, and outside resources. It would be a shame if you had to carry that burden by yourself.

There are so many times in our lives as woman that we give. We love to give and serve others. We some times have to allow others to serve us and receive the blessings. When we allow others to serve/help/support us we gain friendships that we may have never had. We find out that WE ARE NOT ALONE.

Comments