Are You A Mean Teacher?

Back in the middle of May, a new student told me I was a mean teacher...definition of mean teacher? One that requires you to take notes, participate and come to the board...yep I guess I'm a mean teacher LOL

I shared this with my friends and family on Facebook...these were their replies

V.K.D.K.
Those were always the ones who came back 10 years later to thank my mother for being so mean

B.R. 
You must have been sick that day when you were taught the chapter on how to be nice by giving out treats and putting on their favorite movie.

A.M.
I just can't imagine you as a mean person all together smile emoticon

L.C.M.
If that makes you mean then I must be the devil. wink emoticon

S.A.
Seems like basic expectations, disheartening that it's considered mean.

J.B.
Kelly mean. . I have seen her teach. . . . I am thinking if she is being called mean then the son of satan is in the class and she is not letting him curse or use the Lord's name in vain

B.G. 
And you are teaching college? I'm now officially worried!

L.M.
That student's life is sooooooo hard!

B.G. 
Good luck to you! 

L.S.
You have a board in your classroom? Lol..if mean means encouraging learning and participation its called being an educator!!! If u only knew what I went through at E's school this week you'd be disgusted!! I have had the pleasure of meeting educators and the nightmare of trying to work with people who wanted summers off..do public school teachers not realize they work for me? That my taxes pay them and I am sending you 2 high honor roll students every marking period with no discipline issues ever? That when u tell me you have a top 20 school that it's because I send you great students that are taught respect and responsibility at home? Apparently they don't like when you tell them this either!! Lol..Some people u just can't get through to...let the fool pay his/her tuition and pray they make it somehow..

S.P.
....miss you as my Math teacher . Have a wonderful day mam. 

I love my friends, family and students

Comments